Monday, January 24, 2011

Know enough about family safety on the beach...?


I have to admit, when I first arrived in Australia, I had no idea about beaches, rips, swimming between the flags etc. I mean why would I...British beaches weren't exactly on the top of the list for places to visit. Don't get me wrong, many of them are stunning, but perhaps its something to do with the rather unpredictable weather. My idea of beach safety was watching a few hunky spunks running up and down Home and Away's Summer Bay!

Now, I live in Oz, have two little 'hips' and live within a few minutes of the stunning Australian beach, it is imperative that we all know about beach safety. Plus, its super important that we pass on our knowledge to those who are new to beach life, or are just visiting.

The Surf Life Saving website is a brilliant source of information for both locals and visitors alike. Make sure you brush up on your beach safety tips, as you never know when you might be able to assist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by....We love to hear your hip comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails